Happy New Year! Hopefully, everyone has enjoyed a bit of rest and relaxation during the holiday break. 2013 was a great year at TDR and we are thankful to all of our great patients and parents who continue to make our offices the premier orthodontic practice in metro Detroit.
Looking back, a few of the 2013 highlights would have to include the arrival of two new members of the TDR family (babies Reese Groth and Beckett Majors), the acquisition of three iTero scanners allowing us to deliver the most technologically-advanced treatment possible, and Buddy the Elf making his debut at TDR.
One of the greatest achievements from 2013 happened late in the year and that was our recognition as one of the top 1% of Invisalign providers in the country! At TDR we pride ourselves in providing a variety of treatment options for both children and adults, and Invisalign continues to be one of our favorite ways to give people the smile that they deserve. While Invisalign may not be the best treatment for everyone, we do everything we can to offer it to anybody who wants it.
If you have been considering orthodontic treatment why not make it one of your New Year’s resolutions? There have been debates over the long term benefits of orthodontic treatment when it comes to the health of the teeth, prevention of gum disease, and the health of the jaw joint; however, there is no question that orthodontic treatment has a profound positive effect on a person’s quality of life. Many research studies have examined this and here are a few of the results that you should know:
- The vast majority of people (94%) notice a person’s smile first and it is a key component to their first impression of that person.
- People with straight teeth are perceived as more successful, smarter, and even get more dates!
- Crowding in the front of the mouth and having excess overjet were shown to have a negative impact on quality of life.
- A space between the two front teeth and crowding of the front teeth were rated as less beautiful compared to ideal alignment.
- Women with crowded teeth were rated as less capable than those with ideal alignment!
So there you have it! A beautiful smile not only can improve your self-esteem but potentially can land a date with your future spouse, or get you your dream job. For everyone who has just started or is in the middle of treatment use this as motivation when you think it will never end, and for those contemplating orthodontic treatment just imagine the doors that may open!